Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV carb flaot bowl gasket

hey guy i have a question,

Can old hard float bowl gaskets that DO NOT leak gas effect the performace of these cv carbs?

I have been have a hell of a time triing to get my bike to run as well as it was before i decied to clean them. Some back ground info the bike was running pretty good but seemed a little off so i figured i would take the carb apart and spay out the offices and stuff, basic carb work making sure the little jets didn't have little particals causeing troubel. i had to pull the carbs anyway so i could install a oil cooler adapter.

i am no dumbey when it comes to carbs i have a pretty good idea how they work and stuff, so i take em apart puttig back together and set everything back to what i had, and now it's running like crap i tried a whole bunch of stuff and it still isn't much better, so the only thing i can think of is the float bowl had a nice seal, now they don't cause i took'em off.

i have been over these carbs over and over spend 2 weekend tring to figure it out, i just when through and recleaned one of the carbs before it got dark and it was spotless before i cleaned it now it is double spotless....

i have no idea, i just needed to vent.
    any ideas?

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

if the float bowl seal were leaking, the only thing that would happen is gas would run out of the overflow hoses. Sounds to me like you need to tune/balance those things

Comment

Well, seeing that you are already familiar with carbs, there isn't much that I
      can advise to you aside the obvious.

-Did you balance the carbs?
      -Did you make sure the little tips are still on all the airscrews? They won't idle without them and break when you seat them too hard.
      -Did you take the emulsion tubes out too? If you didn't you might have clogged them blowing the debris further down.
      -Did you touch the float heigths?

Sorry, it's difficult to pinpoint the problem from here.

Good luck, Marco.

Comment

i have tuned, i have balanced, (may need rebalance since you should do that each time you remove them from the engine) all the screws are good i can see light shining through, the tubes are gone, i am in the process of reevaluating the hieghts they were fine before and didn't touch them, but i will triple check and maybe bring in the tolerances a little bit more, maybe run it on the high side of the spec level .87/6 instead of .88

does anyone know if float bowl gaskets affect the post 80's vaccume slide type carbs, looking at the bowl side it seems like there coulc be some variuos vaccum acctivies going on down there.

so we are all on the same page, these carbs are the bs32's and they go on my 550 and i am and have run a dynojet stg 3 kit with the kit recomend k and n air pods, in the past logging about 7000 miles with no problems. in those 7k miles (2 years) i haven't fiddled with the carbs only draining the gas at the end of the season after running some stable through the carbs then running them dry.

so you can see my frustration, maybe i will get me one of those fancy color tune deals and make sure i have good burn through my full range.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

No , the float gasket's don't affect vacumn,keep trying & good luck.
          Don't you hate when it nearly allway's end's up being something simple!

Comment

Working...
          X