No announcement yet.

Battery LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah ha! Ignition switch, aka the key thingy. Silly me, that makes way to much sense.

Thanks Leon,

Scud

Comment

Ok, I know where Detman got his LED gage at,
      Leon and EZ - Where did you get those led's at?

Thanks.

Comment

Scud- Below my Aux fuse there are two screws, one is a ground the other is the positive from the aux. fuse, I just put eyelets on the end of the wires, and screwed them down.

Dennis Kirk sells the chrome and black volt gauge, 39.95 for chrome, 34.95 for black. you might find them cheaper if you look around the net, or maybe e-bay.

chrome P/N: 40-6777
        Black P/N: 40-6981

On page 502 of the 2005 DK metric book or DennisKirk.com

Comment

Thanks EZ, I will look when I get home, but I think my fuse block only has two leads a positive and a negative at the very bottom of it and the fuses are pressed into brass ends.

Scud

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
            the ignition switch is the thingy between the handle bars and the gauges (speedo/ Tach) that you stick the key in.

I know it is not nice to laugh, but I did anyway... No offense but it was funny
            2010 Honda VFR1200F
            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
            Being Revisited
            1981 Honda CM400T
            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Well, I'm sure glad Leon specified "between the handlebars and guages". Otherwise, we could have had a voltmeter wired to the helmet lock. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd
              Originally posted by focus frenzy
              the ignition switch is the thingy between the handle bars and the gauges (speedo/ Tach) that you stick the key in.

I know it is not nice to laugh, but I did anyway... No offense but it was funny
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT
                Ok, I know where Detman got his LED gage at,
                Leon and EZ - Where did you get those led's at?

Thanks.
                Honda west on Altamere in Fort Worth.
                they were the first place I went to that had it. 6 other places I checked didn't have it.

it is a kuriakyn.

Comment

Ah geez Earl....I guess I will have to change where I have it permanently installed.... Is there another thingy I should attach it to? 8O

Scud

Comment

:-) :-) You could try that. eh eh

E.

Originally posted by Scud
                    Ah geez Earl....I guess I will have to change where I have it permanently installed.... Is there another thingy I should attach it to? 8O

Scud

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Ok Earl......I tried that and it was stimulating but did not work....I will scratch that one off the long list....

Scud

Comment

It didnt light up your life exactly huh? :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Scud
                        Ok Earl......I tried that and it was stimulating but did not work....I will scratch that one off the long list....

Scud

Comment

Oh it lit it up alright, if only I could get it to work on my motorcycle now...

It is actually working fine, I just have to mount the guage permanently now, probably will go with the plexiglass method.

Thanks all,

Scud

Comment

Working...
                          X