Dimm Lightsc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimm Lightsc

I just purchased the fairing and bags from a GS1100GKZ and installed them on my GS1100GLZ. Initially, the brake lights would slowly turn on and off. I changed the fuse from 10 amps to 15 amps and now the brake lights turn on and off normally. But... Now my head light dimms when I hit the brakes. What can I do to solve this problm?

Pull the tank and seat off and pull the headlight out. Check and clean all wiring connections and grounds. Make sure the connectors are making firm contact with each other. You are either losing amps to bad connections or your charging system needs help.

Comment

And put the original size fuse back in also please please

Comment

I'll put the original fuse back in but how do I take care of the slow reacting lights? It takes about 2 seconds to luminate fully.

Comment

Billy Ricks just told you--if you dont do what he said then you are making a major mistake

Comment

Check your brake light wiring.Sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere that isn't quite bad enough to blow the fuse.

Comment

After replacing the fuse (Main - 10 amp), I found that if I apply the hand brake, the fuse holds. But if I apply the foot brake the fuse blows. The 15 amp fuse holds with both hand and brake.

I will pull the tank and seat to check my connections and for shorts ( mediums )!

Can someone tell me what size the 'Main' fuse is in the GS1100GKZ.

Comment

I just looked in my parts manual ( on CD from CDMOTO ) and it states that I'm supposed to have a 15 amp fuse in there to begin with! Can someone also tell me what the fuse size is supposed to be in my GS1100GLZ?

Comment

the main fuse is 15 amps and the other four are 10 amp fuse's.
                  trace the white wire coming from the foot brake switch, if it is blowing fuses when you apply the brake, there is a short in the white wire.

Comment

There was no problem found with the white wire. But now I'm back at the original problem with the dimming lights when I hit the brakes.

All connections have been cleaned and wires traced.

I'll have my charging system checked later. I'm showing 13.7 volts (idle)on my meter but I don't want to blow up my meter checking for current.

I am re-installing the 15 amp fuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X