stock plugs/wires for 81 gs450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock plugs/wires for 81 gs450?

where can i order stock stuff for my 450 thats running alittle crappy. Im going to replace the plugs/wires hoping it will correct this missing/surging feeling ive come across recently. I got the bike with 8900 miles recently and its run great up until a week or two ago. at first it started out with some surging up top, only around 80mph or so, its progressed quickly to a missing feeling in even 2nd or 3rd gear in the higher rpms.

anyone know WHICH plugs/wires i should be ordering?

Comment

BikeBandit.com. Go to the oem parts section, they have great parts schematics.

Not sure about yours, but most GS's - the plug wires are molded into the Coils.

Comment

They are molded into the coil on the GS 450.
        1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
        The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by pele
          anyone know WHICH plugs/wires i should be ordering?
          I'm pretty sure you should use NGK B8ES spark plugs. But double-check for sure before you buy anything.

Comment

That is the correct plug. You can get new plug boots if yours are worn.
            1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
            The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Cut about 5mm off the end of the leads before you put the new cap's on,better contact!

Comment

Working...
              X