Making Oil Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Oil Lines

I was reading bwringer's site and noticed a section on making your own Brake lines. The person who did it mentioned that he had made his own Oil lines as well.

Bikebandit has my stock oil lines for ~$50 per line.

Just wondering if anyone has made their own before.

I found this site and they have the Banjo's and line.

For the Brake Lines they had compression fittings on the Banjo's. I can't find them, so if someone knows where I can look them up, I'd appreciate it. I don't think the oil lines has that much pressure - so the push on with a clamp should suffice.

I imagine this could be done rather inexpensively.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

If you have an agricultural supply house in your area, they will stock almost all the fittings you would need to make lines in various sizes. You could also check out a hydraulic power shop. They will also assemble lines for you of various lengths, with whatever fittings you need fairly cheaply. Much cheaper than buying from a dealer or parts supply house.

Comment

I found a Hydraulic shop that can make them for ~$40 for both. However, he said Brake line Banjo connectors - Yet when I told him what is was for he said No Problem.

As far as I know - a Banjo fitting is a Banjo fitting right?

I think I'll go that route. I dunno if I could buy the parts for much cheaper.

Comment

So can you have the oil lines made with a cool stainless steel or whatever hose? Is it part of the hose, or do you just add a covering of some sort?
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
          So can you have the oil lines made with a cool stainless steel or whatever hose? Is it part of the hose, or do you just add a covering of some sort?
          I'm not sure if this local shop will or not, I'm thinking probably not. But, I found a couple places that sell the braided hose in bulk. It's actually a hose with the steel braid around it.

I'm going to call Paragon Performance just to get a price on the Banjo fittings. There hose in only a couple bucks a foot. I'll let ya know.

Comment

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.

I just called Paragon Performance and was getting prices and what I was looking at wasn't push on Banjo's. They have a collar that goes over and crimps on.

He then told me that they could just make them for me. I asked a ball park price for ~2ft with steel braided line.

Roughly: $15.75 each. 8O 8O 8O

Done. I'll pull them off tonight and get the measurements and will order them tomorrow.

WOO HOO. This ROCKS.

Comment

Well, I went with the Local Hydraulic shop.

$42.00 out the door and I now have brand new Steel Braided Oil Lines.

This is sweet.

Thanks for the advice.

Earl, you too. You've told me before to go to a Hydraulic shop. Guess I just had to find one that would do it.

They make Brake Lines too. 8)

Comment

Another good palce for that sort of thing is a good boat shop..or better a performance boat shop..they usually have all the line and fittings needed.

Comment

Not sure about New Oil Lines, but just a word of caution. They DIDN'T use the ~10? Banjo fitting that goes to the crank case. Instead I got 2 straight ones.
                  All in all, I got them to fit. A bit exciting at first, but all in all - cool. No Oil leakage.

WOOO HOOO.

The steel braided line is up against my Header, but that's the best I could do. I doubt they will be a problem.

Cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X