Where to get Needle Jet Shims????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get Needle Jet Shims????

I've rejetted my carbs for pods and a pipe, but still need to lift the needle jets. Anyone know where to get shims for this? Also what size and approximately how much I should raise them? Thanks.

If you have not got adjustable needlse's, I'll tellyou what I know.
    There are 5 grooves in an adjustable needle,they span a distance of aprox 4.5mm.
    Normally the clip is in the centre groove,so if you lift the needle's 2mm it should put you in the ballpark for a freeflowing pipe and pod's.
    Do a plug check of course.
    If you take your needle down to an electronic's store , you will find some tiny washer's get the best fit you can.

Comment

I don't have the #s But Radio SHack sells a package of washers that will work

Comment

Radio Shack or a hardware store should have washers that will work.
        Typical jetting spacers are about .022" thick and are used to make a 1/2 position change. So a full position change is about .044". Be sure to replace all stock spacers on the jet needle in the same order if you remove them.
        If you're running K&N pods and a quality pipe, I'd raise the needle 2 full positions. Something a little leaner for cheaper pods or pipe, say 1 1/2 positions.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hi Thomas... we have some of the needle shims in stock - those for the earlier Mikuni carbs - plus we have some for Keihin carbs that might work. Not sure which carbs are on your bike - are they the Mikuni VM series?

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
            I don't have the #s But Radio SHack sells a package of washers that will work
            i used Radio shack when i did mine a couple of years back. My local store sold thrm lose i think. grind off a bit from each one if you need to--sometimes the needles wont shim far enough to give you the results you need.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders
              Hi Thomas... we have some of the needle shims in stock - those for the earlier Mikuni carbs - plus we have some for Keihin carbs that might work. Not sure which carbs are on your bike - are they the Mikuni VM series?
              Looks like he has an '81 GS1000. Mikuni CV carbs.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
              X