Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACCEL 8MM blue Sparkplug Wires

Greetings,

I wanted to use these sparkplug wires on my bike after I give it a paint job so it will look nicer. I noticed that they come with the boots you need already fabbed onto the wires. Can I use these boots or do I need to snip them and add in the 5k ohm boots from the suzuki store like the first time I fabbed up sparkplug wires.

If I can use the boots that come with these wires then I'll be one step closer to my finished tune up.

Item in question: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Thanks,

IF they are suppression wires DO NOT cut the plugs off You do not use the stock plug caps. You can use them IF you remove the resistor & insert a spacer
    You will need to change the plugs Or get the screw on nut for the plug

Comment

ford pickup wire set???

it says they have a spiral wound wire wich would point towards them not being supression wires (resistor) but it did not say for sure.
      if you get them you would need to put a meter on them and see if they are suppresor wires.

Accel has a suppresor wire set for four cylinder motorcycles.

mine came with black boots.

Comment

An aditional note-- Those are supperssion. You will have to use aftermarket coils Dyna, Accel

Comment

I have dyna coils on the ratbike. So I can go ahead and buy these Accell wires tomorrow...

Just to make sure....

1. If I buy the blue Accel wires they are the suppression wires and don't require the 5k Ohm caps that are sold to be used with the stock coils.
          The Suppression wires invalidate the need for a suppression/resistorized 5k Ohm cap...yes?

2. If I buy the blue Accel wire set I can just plug them in and go because I already have installed DYNA coils.

Comment

I just bought Accel 8mm suppressor wires for $32 for a set of 8 at an auto store. The spark plug boot was already on the wire and you need to cut to length and install the coil end boot. It was a universal set.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock
              I just bought Accel 8mm suppressor wires for $32 for a set of 8 at an auto store. The spark plug boot was already on the wire and you need to cut to length and install the coil end boot. It was a universal set.
              Sweetness, that was just what I wanted to hear.
              God bless you. I'm buying my set tomorrow!!

WOOHOO!!!

Comment

Working...
              X