Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT- need answer will a 1982 GS 550T tank fit 82 850GL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT- need answer will a 1982 GS 550T tank fit 82 850GL?

I need to decide by end of day on a nice tank from a 550T same year as mine. Has the two rear mount holes like mine looks the same. Can any of you gurus confirm this for me??
    Thanks

it may look the same but I think its gonna be too short along the back bone

Comment

Originally posted by joe.d
      it may look the same but I think its gonna be too short along the back bone
      Thanks!
      I knew it would be too good to be true. :roll: Better than shelling out some cash for an item that doesn't work.

Comment

Bike Bandit does not show a listing for a 550 T model in '82. However your tank has a different part # from any of the listed 550s. Nope, I'd say it won't just bolt on.

But, hey if Paulie can build choppers (?) Surely you can cobble up a way to hold that tank on...bungee cords?? 8O

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
          Bike Bandit does not show a listing for a 550 T model in '82. However your tank has a different part # from any of the listed 550s. Nope, I'd say it won't just bolt on.

But, hey if Paulie can build choppers (?) Surely you can cobble up a way to hold that tank on...bungee cords?? 8O
          I double checked and the ad says its from a 1981 550T. It looks identical to my tank from the pictures but i guess it might be smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by EZ OUT
            Originally posted by jimcor

I double checked and the ad says its from a 1981 550T. It looks identical to my tank from the pictures but i guess it might be smaller?
            I just went and double checked. The numbers I looked at may not be for the tanks but the graphics. Hmmmm. Hard to tell. Yes inded, there is an '81 550T.

I'd say e-mail owner before spending a lot of money on it, if you have the time, and ask him to measure it for you.

Comment

Working...
            X