Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Disconnect Anti-Dive Modules on '84 550?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Disconnect Anti-Dive Modules on '84 550?

OK, I'm upgrading my lines to SS, and I've run in to a bit of a problem.

The current setup is the lines going into my caliper are not the standard banjo fittings, but they merge into an actual banjo bolt so the line can go from that bolt to the anti dive. My question is, if I just install a regular banjo bolt on the caliper, run a stainless line to just the caliper and just take out the entire line from the anti-dive unit and install a regular bolt on top so it doesn't look funky, will everything be OK?

I'm looking into the same thing with my 750E. It should work.
    You remove the line from the caliper to the Anti Dive and take the single Banjo bolt from the Anit dive and put it with your line from the Master cylinder to the caliper. Then Plug the Anti Dive.

Here is my dilema. I can't find a 10mm x 1.0 Flange bolt anywhere. I think a single Banjo Bolt will bottom out.

So, I also need some ideas. I don't want to remove the anti dive, I just want to plug it.

Comment

Dremel off a bolt thats too long possibly? I'm cutting one myself from a longer bolt if I can't find one that will fit. Shouldn't be a problem if you cut it clean, make sure the thread doesn't get screwed up.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully next weekend or so I'll be able to install the SS lines. Just gotta measure out the length I need.

Comment

So, you are making your own SS lines?

I thought of a Dremel, but the Double Banjo won't work as you would essentially cut off the threads to get the needed length. And the Single length is what you need to move over to the calipers. :?
        What I meant was that the Local Ace hardware, or even my Local Fastener place doesn't carry the 10mm x 1.0 bolts needed. I even searched online and couldn't come up with it. I guess I'll get a single length Banjo and just Dremel or Grind it to the length I need.

Good Luck. Sounds like we are on the same mission. I just got oil lines, so the SS brake lines are in the near future. However, the Anti Dive is cheap enough to do now.

Comment

If you can find a nut that fits on the threads of the banjo (or other bolt) you are cutting thread it on before you start. Then after you get it cut to length you can turn the nut back off and it'll help clean up any damaged threads.

If its for a thread size I don't have a die for I usually put on two or three nuts if I can.

Hope this helps.
          /\/\ac

Comment

blanking plugs

hi all, i did the same to mine last year, took off the anti dive hoses, put the single banjo on the brake hoses and fitted a pair of blanking plugs to the anti dive holes. worked just fine, don't miss the anti dive at all.
            i got the blanking plugs from work ( i used to work for a well known racing team). unfourtunatly a few weeks ago one fell out (should've used loctite as well as a crush washer) so i'm trying to get hold of one as well now!
            I think racing spares places should do them, maybe goodridge might be a good starting place.
            Otherwise, ask a local machine shop to turn down a couple of pieces of ally to the same thickness of a brake banjo and use a normal bolt - depends on them what they might charge tho!

Comment

I'm not making my own SS lines, I'm getting 2 fronts and 1 rear for 125$ CDN.

How much did you pay for your oil lines and where did you get them? I gotta get them but my OEM source said they want 190$ A LINE, so I'm ordering a HEL kit for like 80$ total.

Comment

I found a local Hydraulic shop that specializes in hoses make them for me.

Try Paragon Performance. They should be cheaper.

Sorry for the delay. Lost this thread. :?

Comment

You can also remove the entire anti-dive unit. They weight about a lb each-unsprung weight at that. Use the unit as a template to have aluminum block off plates made and use original hardware to bolt up. I have run this way since the 1980's when I went with Russell lines. Photo link below. Good luck, Ed.

1983 GS750ED
                  2005 GSF1200SZ

Comment

Working...
                  X