oil drain plug ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil drain plug ?

Question ? If all you do is remove the oil drain plug from a 1985 gs 700, will all the oil leave the case ? I will tell the whole story latter. so so so stupid on my part , but first some answers,

I am not worthy of this board , but very thankful it is here

jay

Oil will be left in the filter, and a little in the head.
    What did you do!

Comment

Doesn't your Filter cover also have a drain plug? My '83 does.

Fess up man, can't leave us hanging on like that.

Comment

Did you put something in there that you should not have.....eh........eh!

Comment

My oil drain plug is stuck into my pan. I have a new one, but hadn't had the time to replace it. I have been removing the plug wires and hitting the starter. I am pretty sure this is not the best way to remove all the oil, but it may have some merit in your case.

You could also get your hands on a marine oil drainer. Well... I can't recall its exact name, but it vaccuums out the oil though the fill hole in instances where the motor doesn't have a drain plug.

I am positive the second option is better. It should get more of whatever you need out of it without pumping it through the rest of your oiling system.

Comment

oil drain plug

If you have an83 it should also have a plug under the shifter to drain oil You must drain that one to !!!!Try a 13/16 3/4 drive socket on your drain plug and warm your engine up then pop the ratchet with your fist till it comes loose.Do the same with the one under your shifter.The drain plug where your filter is wont do much for you except allow you not to make a mess when you change your filter. Make sure the the open end of the filter goes in first!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X