Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So close . . . (narrative including poetry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So close . . . (narrative including poetry)

When it seems like things are finally going right . . .

Last night I started the bike for the first time since last summer, with the thought that if it fired up ok, I'd finally tune the carbs today. And lo and behold, the bike fired up wonderfully. Great! The replacement choke cable (which replaced the broken choke cable the postponed my bike work one more week previously) worked marvelously.

So today:

-I started it again, just to be sure, and it worked. Rock on!

- I removed the tank, set it on my truck's tailgate, hooked up a long fuel line, attached the barbs and the manometer.

-Then I started it again, and it ran. Awesome!

-The manometer was even working, showing how my carbs were not sync'ed. Golden!

Suddenly . . . What's that I smell first then see second dripping from #3 carb onto the engine case?! GAS! ARGH!!!!!

Looks like it time to check those floats one more time. Crimeny.

As I went out to start all this today, my daughter was listening to the soundtrack to Les Miserable (how appropriate). Additionally, as I headed downstairs, "Master of the House" was playing. So, in my now near psychotic and demented state of mind, I offer you "Master of the Carbs" (sung to the tune of "Master of the House").

Master of the carbs,
    Checkin' out the floats.
    No matter what you do
    They'll always get your goat

Dip 'em in the chem.
    Clean 'em through and through.
    No matter what you do
    You'll get to do it all again.

I just wanna ride my cycle.
    I just wanna have some fun!
    Oh for heavens sake
    I think I'm gonna get my gun!

With that, I leave you all to your carbs, drips, tunings, etc. I'm already starting to worry about what dreams may be tonight. (Is there a "psycho" emoticon that could be inserted here?)

Nice tune and ya got to watch those dreams (they can turn
    to nightmares in a hurry).

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
      Nice tune and ya got to watch those dreams (they can turn
      to nightmares in a hurry).

One wonders about this in light of the origin..." Les Miserables".
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Indeed. The irony was not lost on me.

Tomorrow the carbs and tuning. (Today we're preparing to host a dinner at our house. Clearly I need to work on my priorities.)

Comment

Working...
        X