Help !!! 1980 gs1100 carb woes, cont.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help !!! 1980 gs1100 carb woes, cont.

Was having problem on the low end, went threw the carbs again and really cleaned out the low speed jets, also i replaced the fuel line with the think black rubber line, 1/4 inch? I get on my bike fire it up and its idling low, and shutting off i step the idle up a little with the adjustment on the carb side and it will idle like it did before at between 800-1000 rpm, so far so good. I take off and its not hesitating at the low end any more but at soon as i hit 5000 rpm it starts to cut out still accelrates to redline but much slower after i hit 5g. I didn't even touch the main jets, I checked the plugs and they are a healthy brown. I also tried pulling the air filter out, not a difference, the only thing I can think of is that maybe I need bigger then 1/4 inch lines? any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rob

Use 5/16,and maybe check your carb balance.

Comment

nope

didn't work any other ideaS?

Comment

Check fuel flow from the tap,make shure the vacumn is doing it's job there.
        If it was ok on the upper rev's before you took the carb's off ,you might have to go back there.
        But check your ignition timeing first anyway,and make shure you get full advance.

Comment

At about 4500/5000 RPM your carbs switch to the main jets, where they draw more air and more fuel, as the throttle is now more open..

First thing to check is the floats. If they are set too low the engine will run well at low RPM, still run at higher numbers, but not get enough fuel at the rate it needs to produce full power.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
          X