Possibly one of my last clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly one of my last clutch questions

I am working on replacing the clutch plates and springs as we speak on the 82 750t. AS a matter of fact it is pretty much done . But I ran into my first and only problem. Did not really pay attention when removing the cover on the arm position at the top. So now I am putting it back on and I realize I don't know where the release pinion shaft and the release rack should lie up when I put the cover back on. Because as I push the cover on they lock in and move each other.

I remove the arm and put it back on once the cover is tightened. Try not to put the arm out far enough to bump your ankle. If that happens you'll want to either reinstall the arm or the cover in a different position.

Steve

Comment

Thanks. I realized after I posted that it just spins in a circle and if I just removed the arm and put it back on after the cover is on it is naturally in the right place. Weird because the manual has you remove the pin and cable and not the whole arm which is much simpler looking back.

Comment

Just a short note-the arm should be paralel to the split in the case. If needed set it out a notch but not in. I usually check the plates on any bike that I purchase but as of yet I've been fortunate and have not found them in need of replacement. Not sure if the manual advises you to soak your fibre plates in oil before assembly or not. Curious--are you going with a stock set-up or after market perfomance? Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

They are vesrah plates from Dennis Kirk the only ones I could find in stock. Yes they will be soaked in oil before installation although it was just recommended on here. Usually when someone on here recommends it I find it reliable info. I went with the hd springs from vesrah also not sure if I will go with all six or three and three gotta see what the pull is really like first.

Comment

Working...
          X