Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New clutch friction plates, what do the little notches mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New clutch friction plates, what do the little notches mean?

The new friction plates have a little square notch on one side of one of the square teeth on each plate. What do these mean??? Is there a specific position for these??? Do they all face the same way and line up in the same opening or what?? I can find no info anywhere and they just came in a bag no instruction as to the notch placement.

Comment

Thanks for the picture. I have looked at it on bike bandit also but I can't tell from the picture where the small notch on the "square tooth" on the drive plate goes. I am however, sometimes a moron am I totally missing it. Also the picture brings another question item number 22 what is that a set of bearings my clutch did not have those when removed. What is the significance of it? Do I need to order and put it in? Man that is another 3 day wait if I do. I just have two washers there now.

Comment

Figured out the notches. But seriously i don't have the bearings number 22 in the picture anybody know if they are a serious problem I don't know how long the bike has been without those. I have only put about 100 miles on it since I began working on it.

Comment

clutch

those notches are for oil
          and item 22&23 are used on the TSCC bikes only
          i just did my clutch a few days ago Vesrah frition plates & HD springs
          i got the steel Driven plates from http://www.crotchrocket.com

my question is what does #16, piano wire/spring clip do?

1981 GS750EX 16v TSCC

Comment

Working...
          X