My 450E's turn signals don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 450E's turn signals don't work

Yeah, they don't, and I need to fix them a-sap ... I bought it off my buddy who moved to a larger bike, and that was right after he laid it down. He said that it stopped working after the accident. There's an L-shaped plug along with a wire on a solderless terminal that's just hanging off of the right side of the bike where the fairing used to be, and I'm thinking that's it. Something doesn't work + something's unplugged = plug it back in right? Well, I don't know where it goes ... I've looked around and I can't find anything that it could plug into ... perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing?

Everything else works including the brake light; this is the only thing that doesn't work on this bike. Any ideas?

i think some pictures are in order

Comment

Check the bulbs. They may have been damaged in the wreck. Although it doesn't seem likely that you'd lose all 4. If you can get your hands on a repair manual, do so, it could answer a lot of ?'s.

Brad tt

Comment

So I metered the plug and jumped some of the connections ... foud out that if I short the two connectors on the L plug, it allows the signals to turn on and off, left and right respectively, only without flashing. So I figured that there needs to be a relay circuit on there. It'll be easy to build, I just need to get to work (I work at an electronics shop and don't work Sun), and I just got a flat back tire today Poop. Buses suck ...

But yeah I pretty much got it figured out, thanks everyone!

Comment

Any cheap auto relay will work with the same number of conection's,but you probably know that,because you work in an electronic's shop, and I have now just wasted my one finger typing on you have'nt I. AHH! O well.

Comment

Actually, I just learned that one :P

They work fine now, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X