carb and fuel line setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb and fuel line setup help

This is a question I feel embarrassed asking...but its not in my service manual.... there are 3 black T splitters. One between each carb. there is a port molded into one of the carbs. I got this bike with the carb off and I need to know how to hook up the fuel and vac, lines. I need to know which is which. PLease help!
    e-mail me if you want: bearnogin@yahoo.com
    thanks

I'm sure someone here can help, but you need to be a little more specific - what bike are we talking about? Any information is good

Comment

The T's between carbs 1-2 and 3-4 are overboard vents in case the carbs flood. The T between carbs 2-3 is for fuel. The port on the carb ( is it #2?) is for vacuum to the petcock ( the smaller of the 2 on the petcock is vacuum)

bill

Comment

Yep Bill got it right. The 2 outside vent tubes can just be directed back over the carbs and then down. The middle one gets connected to the larger of the 2 tubes coming off of the petcock. Put a fuel filter in there somewhere. The tube coming off of the #2 carb is the vacuum line for the petcock. If you dont hook it up you will not get fuel to flow when your petcock is set on prime or on. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for your help and not lauging at my question!

Comment

Dude we were all where you are right now. We got help here now we give help here. Thats what this board is all about. Well that and picking on Scotty. You don't know who Scotty is you say? Well stick around you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay B
              Dude we were all where you are right now. We got help here now we give help here. Thats what this board is all about. Well that and picking on Scotty. You don't know who Scotty is you say? Well stick around you will.
              Doctor!! Doctor!! my hair keeps falling out, can you give me anything to keep it in ?
              Yes, here is a paper bag!

Comment

Talking about heads and doctors:

A Harley rider sees a doctor. The Harley rider has a frog sitting on his head.
                The doctor says: ''What's the problem?''.
                ''Well'', says the frog, ''I have this awful swelling on my butt''.

Comment

Working...
                X