Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

head gasket leak.....no money to spend need temperary fix!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head gasket leak.....no money to spend need temperary fix!!!

Please tell me there is a cheap and easy way to patch this problem.It just started and the gasket appears wet but not leaking, what should I do???????HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is not uncommon. Once it become serious, a full removal/replacement is required but, if the leak is new, the solution often is as cheap as you could hope for:

Tighten the head bolts to factory specifications.

USE A TORQUE WRENCH.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Do like Ron said.

Then next oil change, and from then on, use one of the Max Life or Hi Mileage oils with a seal sweller, yeah, car oil. Then ride it and forget it for about 50,000 miles. Wipe 'er off when she's greasy.

Comment

head gasket leak

Car oil????????? Which one would you recommend that has a swelling agent in it? Do they have a motorcylce oil that has the same thing??

Comment

I don't know that using a swelling agent is a good idea, as it could have an adverse effect on the clutch friction discs.

Start by retorquing the cylinder head nuts and see what that does. First back them off by a half turn, then retorque.

Comment

Ditto, retorque to spec but I dont think that the seal sweller stuff has an effect on the head gasket. It is designed to swell and soften rubber seals.

Comment

Use conventional dino oil DO NOT use synthetic. Retorque the head bolts
              27 ft lbs the small outer bolts 10-12 ft lbs

Comment

Working...
              X