Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spark plugs

Originally posted by Erik
    Well when it won't start i removed the sparkplugs ans all of them are wet with feul. So that can't be the problem.

I will keep looking

Erik
    Heb je gekeken of al je bougies vonken? en als je nog contactpunten onsteking hebt zou ik ze eens af laten stellen, heeft bij mijn 750 veel verschil uitgemaakt. SUCCES!!!

Robin

Comment

Re: Spark plugs

Since the battery is new and the starter spins the engine over satisfactorily and the sparkplugs are wet with fuel, then
      its not a fuel supply problem, starter or battery problem.
      I would first put a voltmeter on the battery. Note the voltage and while leaving the voltmeter connected, push the starter button and note how much the voltage drops. It could be a low voltage problem. If so, you may need to clean electrical connections. I would check coil grounds and connections closely. I would also remove spark plugs and check them for sparking by grounding them to the engine. My best guess is that somewhere, you are losing voltage and the sparkplugs are not firing hotly enough. I would also check ignition timing as this also can make an engine difficult to start. Of particular note is that the bike starts just fine when push started, but not when the starter is used. The only difference I see between these two instances is electrical current availibility

Earl.

Originally posted by Erik
      Well when it won't start i removed the sparkplugs ans all of them are wet with feul. So that can't be the problem.

I will keep looking

Erik
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Okay Robinjo, I caught about half of that Nederlander post you gave Eric. Now do you want to post it in English so I can see how close I was in my translation?
        Doze.

Comment

Working...
        X