frustration sets in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustration sets in

yep, I'm the guy who put my heart and soul into this 79 suzuki gs750E with SS brake lines, rebuilt master cyl's, rebuilt carbs and jetted for the 4 into 1 vance and hines, new tires, new Dyna coils (one of the stock coils was bad), Dyna III ign, AND paid good money for someone to do a valve job as the bike would basically lose power and run on 2 cylinders until it cooled down... which took us nearly a year to figure out what was wrong there. So I've had the bike for about 2 years and basically just got it goin and on the road about a week and half ago. I have been riding the heck out of it, and go to leave work yesterday and the thing wouldnt start??? Turns out I have no spark whatsoever and I believe its the dyna ign. Ummm yeah a total of about 100 miles total for the whole 2 years I've had it and Im stuck. I bought the ign for 99 bucks about a year and a half ago which is great but no longer see that deal at dyna, and the ign they are selling for it now is the dyna S which is $213. Man is this bike jinxed or what??? I'm losing it fellas... It was a beautiful thing when it ran though. Im just venting guys sorry to ramble, but Im quite frustrated.

Have you checked the ignition fuse? I have a Dyna III in my 1000S, and had the fuse fail several times. I finally used a fuse rated five amps higher and that solved the problem.

Comment

Now see, I'm so glad I posted! I went out there and bypassed that fuse, and she fired right up. By lookin at the fuse it looked totally fine so I "assumed" that wasnt the problem. So since ya said to check the fuse, I figured I better make sure, and I'm a happy man right now. I sure was kickin the ground for a while there.. haha. Many thanks Jones!!

Im back in the saddle.

Comment

Cool.

It's best to check fuses with a voltmeter or test light.

Comment

yes I was definitley jumpin to conclusions. I definitley will be using a voltmeter to check my fuses next time and not just the old look see from now on.

Comment

I have a Dyna 3 and it does draw amps. But I have yet to hear of one fail.

Comment

Working...
            X