shorter cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shorter cables

I just took off the ram horn style handlebars on my GS550 and opted for a more almost club man style, the only thing that has me is the throttle and clutch cables are longer now than desired. the wiring is not a big deal, a little solder and shrink sleeve and they will be fine, but having the cables shortened? I don't know. Would you suggest getting cables from an earlier style GS ( BTW its an 81 GS550L ) or try to make my own. if anyone has ever done this any help would be appreciated :?

Best thing would be to get a set of cables from a reg 550E model, anything other than the L You could probably find some on ebay But I would buy some New ones They are not that expensive

Comment

I've put lower bars on several bikes, and just re-routed the stock cables and hoses. If you don't want to do that, then do what Lynn suggests and buy new ones.

Comment

How about 550 Katana cables, aren't their bars lower than the 550 E. Seems I remember the stock "E" bars had apprx. 6" rise
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X