Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carburator broblem

Hi everyone!!!

I have some problems after cleaning and putting back the carburetor BS 34, CV type:

1. No problem with starting the engine but after 10 seconds fuel is go outside thorough
    the exhaust ports No 3, 4

I don?t replace any O-Ring so I think fuel leaking thorough the Needle Valve Seat,
    what you think?
    If the mixture screw open too much does it make the same problem?

2. How can is possible to take out the Pilot Jet after its damage by screw driver?

3. Where is possible to find the Rubber Pilot Jet Plug, or maybe to fix it?

4. For what is the small clip that hold the Fuel Needle Valve?

Thanks
    Avi

avistern;
    Did you try gently tapping the outside of the carbs??
    Some times the float gets hung up when new gas pours in after a cleaning.
    Try tapping these carbs, gently, several times.
    This has helped me in the past.

Comment

1. I agree with Sebby: could be your floats got stuck, after cleaning the carbs. That would explain the fuel flowing over. Tapping the carbs with a piece of wood could resolve this problem (worked for me too), unless you have changed the float levels.

2. That's a tough one. Wouldn't know a quick answer to that one. Anyone else perhaps?

3. Try www.bikebandit.com for parts. Any other opinions?

4. I suppose that you are referring to the fuel needle clip? It sets the fuel needle hight, and controls the fuel mixture. Put the needle up (by setting the clip down), it enrichens the mixture.

Comment

The needle clip?? they are not mandatory, the new needle/seat replacements do not have provisions for the clip. Fuel needle adjustment will not cause the carb to flood and pour fuel out. You need to recheck the needle and seat (Floats) for leakage. As for the rubber plug ( pn 13357-44080 should work) I purchased mine from local Suzuki dealer . As for the pilot jet i would just leave it alone and spray it good with cleaner. If it has to come out?? Try to tap a small philips screwdriver into what is left to cut new slots to turn it out. maybe try to use an easyout to remove it, but be very careful or you will be replacing the carb

Comment

hi, are the rubber plugs required??? when I took my 750 cv bottoms apart there was no plugs in the holes??? maybe this is one reasone mine in not running right.

Comment

Originally posted by shack426 View Post
            hi, are the rubber plugs required??? when I took my 750 cv bottoms apart there was no plugs in the holes??? maybe this is one reasone mine in not running right.
            SURE ARE !!!!! They must be there for the pilot circuit to work correctly.

Comment

hey thanks, for the information. just trying to learn my way through these carbs. hey if you could check out my post here and tell me what you think my problems are. thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X