Clutch hub for 1978 GS1K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch hub for 1978 GS1K

What is the cost of a new stock clutch hub for a 78 1K?
    Anyone know what the going rate would be for one of these?
    What would you expect to pay?

I think you can still send them to APE for rebuild

Or Star Racing???

Comment

Suzuki P/N 21411-49001
      superseded by 21411-49002
      superseded by 21410-49X00

It shows it fits on any GS1000 from '78 to '80

Looks like prices vary from $102 at crotchrocket.com, to $144 at Bike Bandit. You might be able to pick one up on eBay.

Comment

Thx guys. I got mine at cost so I was just checking to make sure it actually was. I am very happy. Maybe I'll send my old one out for reconditioning like Lynn suggested if it isn't too costly so I have it for a spare. Seems the hubs wear out way faster than the baskets do on this model. Both of my 78 1K's did the same exact thing.

It's going to be great to have a clutch that actually allows me to use the power this bike has off the line. I miss launching :twisted:

Comment

The rebuild is a preformance upgrade, new springs, welded steel insert
          to make it bulit proof $$$$

Comment

Well I installed my new clutch hub tonight and it is much better.
            There is still something up but it is much better now so I know it is in
            the clutch for sure that the problem lies. I can take off normal now
            but if I launch it still vibrates.

130 dollar hub, half fixed

Comment

OK so I am going to call it half fixed here. Maybe more like 70% fixed.

If replacing the hub made it better and the plates measure good. The basket also looks good. What is left? Springs? If so, what should I put in it? Stockers or something better?

Comment

I replaced the stock plates in my GS1100E last year even though they were okay in thickness. I feel that it made a difference but I was dealing with some other clutch problems at the same time. The clutch was making noise, losing metal, and it would be slow to engage until it grabbed. Changing the centre hub, fibres (Barnett), springs, bolts, and centre nut fixed her up. I intentionally used all 1150 parts in my bike but it turns out Suzuki superceded the 1100 parts to 1150 parts anyway. Perhaps you are just in need of the better working updated parts or perhaps your fibres just don't have the same coefficients of friction as they once had.

Steve

Comment

Well I can certainly put new friction plates in it that is no issue.
                  I will through some new springs in too. Should do it I hope.

Comment

Working...
                  X