Will Extensive Idling Kill Battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought

Hey buddy, cheer up!!! These are not that complicated!!! I do own a 1982 GS 1100 which appears to be o.k., electrically, however, I also own a 1981 Honda CB650 that is the master of charging problems, believe me....The bike put out 11.7 volts at idle, and seemed to charge fine (>14.0 vdc) above 4000 rpm, but I could'nt ride for over 40 miles without the battery dying on a new "Autozone" battery, somewhat limiting the distance I could ride. The mechanic I talked to kept saying "YUASA, YUASA, YUASA", refering to the battery I "Need". Well I say BS! A battery is a battery. Trust me, nothing could be further from the truth. I broke down and paid $52 for a new YUASA, and MAN what a difference!!! I now comfortably ride for well over 150 to 200 miles in all traffic conditions, and she fires right up, no problem. I do remove the seat and place a 2 amp "trickle" charge for about 20 minutes. Try the YUASA......this made a 100% difference for me......

Comment

jump start ?

My bike (80 GS450) is been sitting for about a week, so the battery is dead. I want to start it again and go, so can I just jump start it with my car ?. And why is the battery dead so soon, is this a sign of future problems to come ?.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X