Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic ignition... how to match oem to aftermarket...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE ignition type gs's is induction ignition.and thats from accel . or other wise known as Mr. gasket

Comment

Newbie needs a little help

I'm currently breathing new life into a 1978 GS-1000 and need a little guidance. I used to make my living working on these things but that was 20+ years ago and, well, you know................I've slept since then! The gentleman that sold me the scoot told me it had a bad ignition coil (it does not). It appears that he trusted a shadetree mechanic to "help him out" at one time or another. His buddy basically destroyed the points plate and all the screws too. Having worked on mostly old Hondas for years this came as no surprise. I decided to replace the whole ignition assembly right? Wrong! I almost needed CPR when I saw how much $$ they wanted for that. I've been reading about this Dyna S system on this forum. (BTW, this is an AWESOME resource. Thanks!) Where is the best place to buy the Dyna and what should I expect to pay? I dont mind paying $100+ for a "set it and forget it" setup. I've tried finding it on the web but have only found "late" model stuff. Any links you could share with me? Thanks again for such a cool site! Guy

Comment

Call Dynatek directly and buy a Dyna-S for about $155 to your door.

800-928-3962.

The one I bought recently had a bad trigger (1-4) it was only a few weeks old. Turns out my 1-4 coil was bad also a Dyna 3 ohm. Dyna offered to replace it if found faulty for $35. I bought 2 for $70. While I waited for my new Dyna-S replacement, I wired the old ignitor back in with the new coils. Worked great. They sent me a no charge Dyna -S to replace the faulty 1-4 triggered one.

Great customer service, eventhough the new part didn't last the first time. They made good on their faulty component, so I still have faith in them.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Thanks C/T

Got one on the way as we speak! Man, I'm getting excited now. Just got confirmation that the tires (GT501s) will be here tomorrow and the ignition in a couple of days! Any Houston / Galveston guys here? I'm gonna be getting bugs in my teeth even sooner than i had hoped! Guy
          Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2006, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X