1985 GS550L Gas Tank Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS550L Gas Tank Capacity

I'm trying a Fuel Tank swap on my GS450L (I'm going to put a 1985 GS550L) and I'm curious about the tank capacity. I've been searching for it all over the web with no results so, if there is someone who knows, please tell me

Thank you all!!

According to my Clymer manual a 1985 GS550L fuel tank would hold 3.2 US gallons.

Whoops, I see you are in Costa Rica. OK, the book says 12 liters.

Good Luck with the swap! Wish I could ride down your way some day!

Comment

I believe of anyone here, JimCor would have the most exact knowledge of just how far a GS550L can go on a tank of gas.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thank you guys!

Well, it seems I'll be winning a liter of fuel with the new tank... The stock GS450L tank is 11 liter.

Costa Rica is a wonderful country to ride... there are lots of impressive places to go, from mountains to beaches, and everything is close to you... There is water all over the country during 9 months of the year, but I guess that's better than freezing temperatures and being really unable to ride for a full season...

Saludos amigos!!

Comment

Working...
        X