Chain help What Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain help What Size

I called our local suzuki dealer asking about what size chain to run on my 1100 E 81 model. I was told it was 630 110 links. The only chain they had in stock was a Tsubaki 630 110 omega for 177.50

Ouch, New chain on old sprockets, one ore the other bad chain new sprockets, Anywho i forked over the cash, cause the old chain had two stuck links.

Upon instalation I discover that the 630 chain is way to big. Way to big!!!
    Looking at the old chain i can read a D.I.D. 50V The links on the new chain wont even fit into the sprockets. My question to you fine people is what the heck size of chain is a 50v? Ia it a 530 520 500. I have no clue.

Here is the part that will make you all cringe!!! 530 meduim dudty chain is like 40 bucks oring is 80.

I have owned this bike for 1 and a half years. Never had to replace the chain. Has someone done a conversion on it?

Please help I need answers.

Thanks for your time!!

That bike takes 96 links of 630 chain stock. It sounds like you've got the wrong chain and the wrong sprockets. Somebody probably converted the bike to 530 chain.

Steve

Comment

Could someone tell me how many links are in my 1981 TSCC GS750L?
      I am sure that it is a 630 chain from close inspection. I just don't know how many links to order for the replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am sure that it is a 630 chain from close inspection.
        There is an easy way to tell. The "6" in 630 is the chain pitch in 1/8" increments. So a 530 chain has a pitch (distance between pins on the links) of 5/8". A 630 will have a pitch of 3/4". Should be no problem to measure that out...

Mark

Comment

D-man...why don't you just count them

Its a 630 with 96 links. 8)

Comment

on a side note and for posterity..
            '83 GS550E/ES models take a 530/112 14 tooth front and 48 tooth rear
            '80 GS550E models take a 530/110 15 tooth front and 50 tooth rear

Also as a side note if you change the size of your sprockets, say go from a 14/48 to a 15/50 you WILL need to get a "longer" chain... as a matter of fact you will need a 530/114...

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
              D-man...why don't you just count them

Its a 630 with 96 links. 8)
              DOH!! I'm so silly. Thanks dude.

:P

Comment

Working...
              X