Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I flubbed my new chain!!

Originally posted by earlfor
    70 mph at 4k rpm is what my 1150 does. With the bike tuned spot on, I can get 45 mpg at a steady 70 mph. I could lean it a bit and maybe pick up 5 mpg, but I dont think I'm going to ever see 60 mpg. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by bradleymaynar

To give you an idea of the difference it's made, Earl, the bike used to cruise at 4K rpm in 5th and be doing 60, now it's doing 3500 rpm at that speed. I'm doing 70 at 4K.

Brad tt
    Well, from what I've been told about your riding style, Earl, I can see why. I tend to ride like an old lady and leave the hard riding for the younger set (I'm only 32) Besides I just did the math and the mileage for 80 miles and 1.5 gallons came out to 53 mpg. Guess I should have tried the calculator first! :roll: But still, I do like the improvement.

Brad tt

Comment

Re: I flubbed my new chain!!

Aw Brad, I like to think of it as moving at a relaxingly brisk pace. Call it quickly conservative if you like. :-) A little breeze is nice. :-)

Earl

Well, from what I've been told about your riding style, Earl, I can see why. I tend to ride like an old lady and leave the hard riding for the younger set (I'm only 32) Besides I just did the math and the mileage for 80 miles and 1.5 gallons came out to 53 mpg. Guess I should have tried the calculator first! :roll: But still, I do like the improvement.

Brad tt
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy
        Hmmmm... problems with chains? What are these aggravating chains you are referring to? My 1100G has never given me these strange problems you speak of...

Steve 8)
        Good luck on improving your mileage, Mr.-I-drive-the-next-largest-SUV-compared-to-an-H2! :P

Brad tt
        Hey ... I resent that remark! My Excursion is bigger than an H2 (except for tire size), but gets WAAAAY better mileage ... gotta love the diesel!!

Next stop, biodiesel, for even better mileage, lower emissions, better smell (like french fries), and much lower cost (70 cents/gallon)!!

Enjoy!
        Steve 8)

Comment

Son of a...

I bought an 87 Mercedes 300D a couple of weeks ago for just that reason (well, WVO rather than bio, but similar goals). Unfortunately, on Saturday night the ball joint separated from an apparently decaying control arm and dumped the wheel. After about $1200 in repairs, I should have the car back late next week.

So much for saving money... I haven't put a car/bike in the shop in years except for tire changes, but right now I'm working full time and going to school full time, so any major mechanical work has to be done by somebody else.

Comment

Working...
          X