1980 gs1100 clutch basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1100 clutch basket

what is the cheapest way i can replace the clutch basket in my gs1100 totaly stock save the 4 into 1 v and h, i would assume by the sound of the rattle that i need the hub and the basket
    thanks
    Rob

The big nut may be loose and/or the hub may be worn out. The old 1100 hubs didn't have steel spline inserts initially but the part # has been updated to the better 1150 hub. You'll want to open the clutch up before ordering anything.

Steve

Comment

is the 1150 hub compatible with the 1100 basket?

Comment

Yes it is. I should have remembered this earlier but there is some more updated parts that go with the hub if you need it. The two metal discs that go under the first steel plate have been changed and you need a new piano wire to put them in. I don't recall if there is anything else but it's all in the factory GS1100E manual so ask them to pull it out. If they have SuzukiVision the new part numbers will be readily available but it doesn't highlight the new parts when looking at the picture so there's a lot of guessing. I also posted the part #s on here somewhere.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X