either the throttle cable shrank or I need another idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either the throttle cable shrank or I need another idea

The bike is a 1978 GS550E. I pulled off the carbs today to change to a different cam chain tensioner. Upon hooking up the carbs the cable were just simply too short. Where did it go? How do I get it back? Did I do something really stupid or what? I am stumped.
    Robin

You must have just routed it differently,take a long hard look,or if you have a Haynes manual they actualy show you the routing for cables.

Comment

I routed it 2 different ways. I have a couple of manuals but no Haynes. Could the cable gwet twisted in the throttle at the handle bar?

Comment

Well, the cable didn't shrink, so check the adjusters and make sure the cable is fully seated (all the way in) at the carbs and the throttle housing.

There shouldn't be much of a routing issue if you didn't remove the cables from the bike, but try routing them again - the little hold downs should guide the way
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

OK I knew it was something really stupid. I had adjusted the cables the wrong way. At least it is easy to fix. Thanks for your tiem

R

Comment

Working...
          X