Need new Exhaust on 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new Exhaust on 83

Hi guys. I am wondering if the exhaust that fits a 83 katana 750 would fit my 83 750ed. Specifically part #12001P from Vance & Hines... Also are these exhaust systems the head pipe and muffler? http://www.vanceandhines.com/c106.html

Thank you in advance.

Re: Need new Exhaust on 83

Originally posted by AKGS
    Hi guys. I am wondering if the exhaust that fits a 83 katana 750 would fit my 83 750ed. Specifically part #12001P from Vance & Hines... Also are these exhaust systems the head pipe and muffler? http://www.vanceandhines.com/c106.html

Thank you in advance.
    That pipe will not fit the '83-'86 GS750/700 engine. It will fit the '80-'82 GS750 engines. In 1983, Suzuki came out with a totally new, lightweight, high HP GS750 engine. For some reason, they didn't put it into the Katana that year, but put it into the E and ES.

There is currently NO exhaust made to fit our bikes. There is a guy who sells four into one Supertrapp headers fairly often on ebay. Bidding on them usually starts at $10 and they generally end up going for $20-$50.

You can also (with some modifications) make an early GSXR header fit this motor as well. It's been discussed on the board before, a quick search should find it.

I'm restoring an '85 GS700ES, and just scored a stock exhaust on ebay for under $100. It's in 90% condition, and I'm pleased as punch.

Good luck.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Oh...Bummer...Thanks for the info Griffin!

Comment

I've got the same bike as you. '83 750E. I bought one of the 4-1 Supertrapp headers on e-bay. It was $64 shipped. Then I found a guy selling supertrapp cans. I think it ended up ~$98 shipped. I bought 1 of the first ones he sold and last I checked that was about the highest paid.

However, for less than $170 I have a really nice exhaust.

I must tell ya though, when I bought this bike about a year ago, it already had a 4-1 on it.

Keep looking on e-bay, something will come up.

BTW, I've also seen the guy selling Supertrapp cans for Kawasaki's, they look identical to what I bought. Just FYI.

Comment

I found a supertrapp header on ebay last night. I bid pretty high, so I think I will probably end up with it. Now I just have to find the can. They have the universal ones in dennis kirk, so I might just buy one of those, and have the tab welded on. I am going to keep looking for one on ebay though. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I needed the left side megaphone only. I wandered into the only motorcycle wrecker in Saskatchewan and told him what I wanted. He actually laughed at me! We (GS750ED/S) owners have a fairly rare bike in Canada. He led me into the dungeon of his warehouse, pointed at racks of exhausts and told me to have a look. I got lucky, a basically new pipe, slight scratch on the end of the phone lip.
            The guy recommended the next time, get some universal fit megaphones, unfortunately they will be chrome. So I guess I will be plating them black or something.

Comment

Working...
            X