Electrical Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Problem?

When I turn on my indicator light my nuetral light will alternately when the indicator is lit up and brighten when it's off. I've also noted that my headlight dims at idle and brightens when I rev it up. It seems to me this is a new occcurance but I'm not postive. Is this a sign of a short somewhere in my system or is it a charging probelm or what? I've checked my battery an it seems to be putting out 11.91 volts is this O.K. or does this signal a problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Electrical Problem?

11.91 volts is a dead battery. I would put the battery on a 2 amp charger to bring the voltage up to a minimum of 12.9-13. (battery removed from bike)
    Then let the battery sit for 24 hours. If voltage drops to less than 12.8 while being unused for 24 hours, you battery is history. Your headlight dims because without the stator output from high rpm, there is not enough voltage to run the headlight properly.

Earl

Originally posted by Dunkin
    When I turn on my indicator light my nuetral light will alternately when the indicator is lit up and brighten when it's off. I've also noted that my headlight dims at idle and brightens when I rev it up. It seems to me this is a new occcurance but I'm not postive. Is this a sign of a short somewhere in my system or is it a charging probelm or what? I've checked my battery an it seems to be putting out 11.91 volts is this O.K. or does this signal a problem? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earl! I feel honoured to have been assisted from the very top

Comment

Electrical Problem

Hey Duncan,

If you don't have a YUASA battery installed, try it.....they are the best.... sounds like your charging system is charging o.k. by the way your headlight brightens....sounds like a reservoir (battery) problem.

Comment

I dont know about "top", :-) :-) :-), all I know is yer battery sounds about done fer. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Dunkin
          Thanks Earl! I feel honoured to have been assisted from the very top
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X