BS32SS adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS32SS adjustments

Hello, as first time forum posting is always awkward, I have a simple question in the form of a picture. Filename: whatis.jp2

But first I have find a way to upload this to the web, or wait for someone to email me for this file as an attachment. I have no website to upload to.

Post or write reply if you can answer a simple request for an adjustment screw setting as pictured in, whatis.jp2

Thanks for being there.

Most of the time 1 1/2 turns out or less is all that's needed. Adjust them until you get the highest, smoothest idle. If you get more than about 2 1/2 - 3 turns out you are pretty much off the jet.

Comment

BS32SS adjustments

The screw I'm referring to is the one that's plugged on some models and is located above the inlet, slightly left of center... ( a vertical screw)

Comment

That would be the one. It's on the upper, head side of the carb.

Comment

BS32SS adjustments

The filter side, not the head side. Same side as the synch screws for the throttle linkage...

Comment

The only adjustable screw type jet is located on top, head side of the carb. There are jets in the mouth of the carb that are a fixed value and the only way to change the jetting for them is to physically change the jet. Go to the carb cleanup series on the site's homepage and post a link to the photo that best matches what you're referring to.

Comment

BS32SS adjustments

Yep! I hate getting old. (60)

Head side it is as per 007. Thanks for the info. I do feel stupid thinking backwards without looking first. Mind plays tricks as it gets older...

Thanks again.

Comment

No problem.
                Good luck

Comment

If you want, you can upload pictures to photobucket.com

Comment

BS32SS adjustments

Thanks everyone, problem corrected.

Comment

<--- (guess it won't let you link, but you can go directly to URL)

That's the one Billy was talking about, yessir!

Fuel mixture....turn it in, less fuel (leaner).....turn it out, more fuel (richer)!
                      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                      1982 GS1100E
                      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Working...
                      X