Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing plug wires from coil paks

hey peoples,

it sat in the rain outside for longer than it should, so some of the plug wires on my GS 1000G (81) need replacing because of rusting, but how do i remove the wires from the coils ? ive tried gentle twisting and prying, but nothing --- and i would not like to break anything based on my ignorance.

thnx bunches for the help

mp

RE: removing plug wires from coil paks

thnx muchly for the info and links ! problem appears easily solved !

mp

Comment

Good Luck.

Keep us informed of how you do and how it goes.

Comment

after all this talk, i decided to look at mine, and wow! what idiot dreamt up that design????

im going to try to install some real coils in there with real connectors where ill be able to use any automobile wires on them. im not afraid of soldering stuff together if need be... wow! how stupid is suzuki? build a bike you can't replace teh wires on without replacing the coils... sorry about this but it just makes me angry and i needed to vent....

i'll also consider moving the coils away from under the tank, if you've ever seen one of my wiring jobs, you'd understand why i dont want 30,000 volt sparks under my fuel supply...

Comment

They all did it Bert,all GUILTY!

Comment

Brand of coils

I've posted this question on another string and some of you recommend Dynatek coils and wires.

So um yeah I looked up Dyna S and I'm not seeing them. Am I missing something here? Also is Dynatek the only one out there that makes a good after market coil and wire? Looking at the site they have the average for a two lead coil and wire is $110, that sound right for those of you that Have Dyna on your nikes?

Me<-83' 850G 23400 miles (plug covers are very brittle and I'm looking to replace the old ones). Can't seem to find any good one's on ebay right now

Comment

Hats Off

Hat's off to Mr. Ricks for the Coil help. =D> Tend to forget the simple things working overnight. #-o I was doing a search for "Suzuki GS". Amazing what you get if you search "Suzuki Coils", LOL.

AAANNNYYYWAAAYYYS,
              Found a few coils, anybody want to take a stab at which one's would be best for my 83' 850?

(Another post has the other two coils for sale at the same price)

Comment

Go for the set. Wait until ten seconds are left in the auction then bid the most you want to pay. I'd think you could get them for $30 or so.

Comment

Working...
                X