1978 GS1000 Carb vent routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS1000 Carb vent routing

Sorry, I did a search on this one and all of the posts seem to be for other model years. Where are my vent tubes ( The brass fittings on the left hand side of the 2,3+4 carbs) on this bike supposed to go? Right now # 2 is going to my fuel petcock and the vent tube from 3 is routed to #4. The bike runs horribly and #4 cylinder is not firing at all. Thanks in advance!

Computer screw-up, sorry.

Comment

Re: 1978 GS1000 Carb vent routing

The brass fitting on #2 goes to atomsphere, open vent. Fitting on #3 goes to the vacuum fitting on the petock. Fitting on #4 goes to atomsphere, open vent.

Earl

Originally posted by jandiel
      Sorry, I did a search on this one and all of the posts seem to be for other model years. Where are my vent tubes ( The brass fittings on the left hand side of the 2,3+4 carbs) on this bike supposed to go? Right now # 2 is going to my fuel petcock and the vent tube from 3 is routed to #4. The bike runs horribly and #4 cylinder is not firing at all. Thanks in advance!
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: 1978 GS1000 Carb vent routing

Originally posted by earlfor
        The brass fitting on #2 goes to atomsphere, open vent. Fitting on #3 goes to the vacuum fitting on the petock. Fitting on #4 goes to atomsphere, open vent.

Earl

Originally posted by jandiel
        Like Earl said. Your present hose routing would certainly cause trouble.
        You would have no vacuum for fuel flow from the petcock (except prime) and none of the float chambers would be vented correctly, causing fuel starvation, even in prime.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Everybody! Bike fired right up!

Comment

Working...
          X