O ring....O ring....O ring....O ring...."Son of a Biscu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O ring....O ring....O ring....O ring...."Son of a Biscu

Is there a place that I might be able to get really small O rings for my Carbs?
    I hate buying kits just for a piece or two.
    I am into the carbs off of my 79 GS550E. The smallest O rings just got mangled as I backed out one of the jets. Actually I don't know what you call the part but it is a needle of sorts, for air I believe. It needs to be backed out a certain number of turns after you replace it.

The O rings...is there an O ring fairy that is holding them?

I can't believe that the only source is the Suzuki or Keyster kits.

Please...someone give me some good news.

JJ

Search this site for " Robert Barr ", he supplies O ring's.

Comment

Just get the whole set for a measly 12 bucks and get it over with.

The aftermarket rebuild kits usually include the WRONG size o-ring for the pilot screws and leave out the rest.

If you're really that cheap, email Robert and see if he'll send you just the ones you need.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I got a set for my project gs1000g from cycleorings.com like bwringer suggests and am glad I did. Nice guy to work with. O-rings came quickly.

Rick

Comment

I even use him and I'm UK based!

Comment

I got my 0-rings from Robert Barr. No sweat. He sends you everything you need, and they fit great!

-istp

Comment

I second the good responses, All the O-rings you need, all fit perfect, fast shipping, everything labled as to where they go, Cannot go wrong!

Comment

The O Ring guy

Thanks so much guys.
                I knew there had to be someone I could get the O rings from.
                I sent my order in just a few minutes ago. I think I will do the other bike too. What the heck? 12 bucks is just 12 bucks, right?

Thanks again.

I love this board.

jj

Comment

jj, if it's been awhile, I suggest buying new manifold o-rings before you re-install the carbs.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Carb boot O Ring

Now where might these be?
                    I am replacing the rubber between carb and engine.

Waiting for the boots as we speak.
                    Sounds like sound logic.
                    jj

Comment

Re: Carb boot O Ring

Originally posted by jeffreyjack
                      Now where might these be?
                      I am replacing the rubber between carb and engine.

Waiting for the boots as we speak.
                      Sounds like sound logic.
                      jj
                      The manifolds (between carb and engine) have a groove that the o-ring fits into. This seals the manifold to the engine. Apply some high temp bearing grease to help the o-ring last. If you replace the stock Phillips manifold screws, buy Allens and torque to about 6 ft/lb. The manifold screws can be tight. I use a good fitting bit and an impact driver.
                      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Send him a paypal for $12 + shipping and your o-rings will be in the mail next buisness day. He's awesome.
                        Currently bikeless
                        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Removing Rubber between engine and carb

I was wondering how that would go. I tried to take a phillips screwdriver to one and I could not turn it. Thought about my impact but I can't fit it in there for all of them. May have to take the head off the engine...AGAIN!
                          Son of a Biscuit!

This is some project.

:x

Comment

Re: Removing Rubber between engine and carb

Originally posted by jeffreyjack
                            I was wondering how that would go. I tried to take a phillips screwdriver to one and I could not turn it. Thought about my impact but I can't fit it in there for all of them. May have to take the head off the engine...AGAIN!
                            Son of a Biscuit!

This is some project.

:x
                            The screws can be tight, but if the heads are in good condition, I actually don't have to hit my impact driver. I use a GOOD fitting bit and the knurled/wide body of the tool gives a lot of turning power. I lean over the engine/frame (me facing toward the rear) actually pulling the tool into me. Works well for me. Sometimes you just have to learn the "feel". The real key is a perfect fitting bit, not just the "closest" one you have at the moment.

Comment

I use a pair of needle-nose vicegrips to remove those screws and then promptly "dispose" of them. The threads are unlikely to be corroded so you can undo them with your fingers once you get them to move with the vicegrips.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X