Gas tanks anybody?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas tanks anybody?????

A dumba@@ knocked over mine and my buddy's bikes the other day and I am having troubles finding a new gas tank for my 83 GS850GL. Every tank i find has a single bolt in the center holding it down, but mine has two small 10mm bolts, one towards each side that holds it down. My search is comming close to a brick wall anybody got any help they can provide.

Try Dennis Roy. He is a poster on this forum and he has an 82 850L parts bike. I have dealt with him and so have others. Good guy and he should be able to help you out. My 82 850L also has two bolts in the back.
    GY

Comment

Ebay

Watch ebay this winter. Last week there was one from an 82 gs1100L. You will be able to use a tank from a gs1100L 82-83 and a gs1000L 82-84 I beleive were the years. I am not sure on the 83-84 gs1000 but I know the 1100 82-83 will work. (I was on a hunt like this myself.) The parts bike that was mentioned earlier has a couple small dings on the tank. (I e-mailed him about it) but he said they were minor and other than that it was in good shape. I am not sure you will find a new tank anywhere but if you do give me a holler. I contacted suzuki of canada as well and they were not able to find one left in a warehouse anywhere :?

Comment

gas tank

Have an 82 ( 2 holes at back ,dime size ding left side) willing to trade for rust free 79 . Both tanks will fit an 850.

Comment

Tank

Would trade tank and side panels from 82 850 for a 79 850.

Comment

Looking to trade only or are you willing to barter a little. My tank is really smashed up and I need something on it.

Comment

Working...
            X