backfiring and loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backfiring and loss of power

i have a 78 gs1000 it has emgo filters so i had to put bigger jets in so i put 105's in so it would run but it would get hot and start popping though the carb's and exsust so i thought that it might still be running lean so i bought 115 main jets and it ran alot better but after it got hot it did the same thingany idles? the needles are rised as high as they go. i dont know what to do now

Check your inlet tubes for air leaks???(carb boots). also are you loosing spark on any of the cyl when this happens???

Comment

when i put this bike together i put new o-rings in the boots. i'm thinking it's some thing electrical so i guess i'll be looking at it. may be coils or condeners. thanks for the ideals

Comment

Check point's, timeing , condensors first !

Comment

timing is right on but how do you know if the condensors are bad it runs great till it gets warm . does any one know how to cheak condensors and coils? some times i wish i was just a little smarter

Comment

If it's fine until it get's warm it could still be fuel related, double check for inlet air leak with a fine water spray.
            Your valve clearences are ok?

Comment

well guy's i think i found out what it was i changed the coils and it still did it so wail it was still hot i changed the condensors and it quit popping and ran good so i'll cross my feingers and hope it does not do it any more. thanks for all the ideals . i hope down the line i'll be able to help some people out on here

Comment

Working...
              X