new user. where are the stator pages? hot rectifier wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new user. where are the stator pages? hot rectifier wires

looking for answers to hot rectifier wires. all 4 get hot. and have burnt/melted connector jackets. also think I noticed a little smoke after bike warmed up. think it was from electrical related to alt & rect wires?

let me define hot. I burned myself on the wires!

Comment

Go to their support link. Under it there is a fantastic trouble shooting flow chart... If the wires out of your Ref/Rectif are hot/burned, you need to go through the troubleshooting techniques they document well.

Comment

thank you. also? I am not sure that this bike is stock. from idle to 3-4kRPM the bike seems normal. from there up to 10k it ripps like a formula 1 engine on crack. beat a highly modded eclipes w/ twin turbo. is this how the bike was engineereg to perform? or what?

Comment

It is an 82' GS850GL with the pipes gutted

Comment

Performance feeling is pretty subjective. You may feel the bike is as fast as a scalded cat but then go ride a Hayabusa... The 850 will start feeling a little less fast I suspect. The effect you are feeling is likely the rpms range where the cams kick in and the carbs are sweetest. Beg a ride from a friend on a modern sport bike.... some are truly scarey!

Comment

I had a ride on a full fledged race bike. 0-135 MPH and brake to 25 for a right hand turn all in less than a block. I felt body parts in my throat that did not belong there LOL. the driver weighed about 190 lbs and I weighed about 230 lbs.

Comment

Working...
              X