New Valves for Tubeless Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Valves for Tubeless Tires?

I am ordering new tires shortly, and would like to change the valve stems also. The front has a slow leak and I want to eliminate 23 year old seals when I put the new ones on. I was looking at B*kebandit and they want $10.77 each 8O with shipping that will be steep. Any other sources you can think of? I will stop by the shop where I get it inspected in the next couple days and ask the owner too... Thanks

That does sound step, call a few shops and see what they have, might be cheaper to by them locally.

Great thinking replacing the stems, they are a critical safety item that is usually overlooked
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Almost any auto parts should carry metal stems in the tire repair section for a few bucks. Get the tire off the rim first and see what diameter the recess is in the wheel where the stem fits.

Comment

Autoparts stores can supply valve stems.

Billy is right. I found some of the metal valve stems for my friend's GS1000 at the local NAPA store. It was smaller diameter than what they normally stock for cars but they ordered it and had it the next day. And it was a lot less than a ten spot.

Comment

Working...
        X