rear wheel swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear wheel swap

I'm looking to put a wider tire on my '81 GS750ex. What later year wheels will fit this stock swingarm? What modifications are necessary?
    Any help appreciated.

Anybody do any kind of wheel swap with GSXR or Kat. I was thinking maybe off a Calvalcade.

Comment

First find out how much tire your stock swingarm can take, I think it was narrower then one of a 1100, I think you can swap it out for one out of a 1100, they can fit upto a 180 rear tire, do a search on this site and check the Katana part of my site for discriptions.

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0TgByF70Y!vGOR1DPgKleoYknKwbwXbV*hqubsqYUh!zZy1yE0 *KSqXtYFIo6!k60rEnSJuKr3DN!lcYbgKb!Qcwrh5A*e0SWWGa GW4Pjtfyasch9T5afHQ/buitenfoto%20wielen.jpg[/img]

Comment

Robinjo, I dig your bike mate, its fantastic. Did you have to notch out your swingarm for the 180 tyre? My swingarm looks too narrow where the most front ward part of the tyre is.

Comment

Originally posted by JatKat
          Robinjo, I dig your bike mate, its fantastic. Did you have to notch out your swingarm for the 180 tyre? My swingarm looks too narrow where the most front ward part of the tyre is.
          Nope, swingarm is stock, it is a tight fit though.

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QQAAALwTg5AckwOb9ISbYSlyrXg7NyfaLHT1m7wP!KA6FQoku 93eb!Zfx7Y9secYCeYZDv45rfQzjhv*b2wppoIPxRy1wUjM!zB iSWIoEN8/tight.jpg[/img]

Not my pic, Katman's I think but it was my inspiration.
          Your Katana doesn't look half bad either, you got any pics? Mail me robinjo69@wanadoo.nl

Comment

The 750E and 1100E were identical escept for piston bore and side badges ( and probably price). Should fit, thanx.

Comment

Your Katana doesn't look half bad either, you got any pics? Mail me robinjo69@wanadoo.nl
              Email sent

Comment

Sorry to Hi-jack your thread Johnny

I currently have a 17" x 4.5" rear wheel from a late 80's Gixxer I believe. If I was to look for a 17 x 5.5, what do I need to look out for to make sure it fits or does anyone know of a model that will straight swap?

Cheers

James

Comment

I'm lead to believe that 18" wheeels front & back stop the weave.
                  Ant thoughts?
                  Bummers

Comment

That was supposed to be "Any thoughts"?

Comment

Working...
                    X