No announcement yet.

83 GS 550E CARB ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not have any gas in the airbox. I checked it to see if there were any obstructions and if it was clean. Everything else holds true though.

Comment

Ok, re checked everything. Good gas flow, clean vent lines, clear vent in gas cap, clean petcock. Bike will only run on chole at very high idle, off choke with throttle held, bike stumbles and exhaust fumes are eye stinging. No white or black smoke at all, Black pipes so can't tell if they getting too hot .

Comment

did you use carb. cleaner and check for leaks?

Comment

That is the only thing I have not done, I need another set of hands for that because i need to kep on the throttle to keep it ruinning. That is next.

Comment

Checked for leaks using the carb cleaner. I sprayed EVERYTHING!! No changes. I rechecked petcock too. Now, when i give it a little throttle, it wants to die. I checked all the plugs and they all look the same. So, again, extremely high idle on choke, start to take off choke and idle drops rapidly until it stalls. I am at my wits end!!!!!!!

Comment

did you check your idle adjuster? It sounds like that could be turned way down....when the choke is one then its getting gas...

Comment

Working...
              X