78 gs100 bad turn signal control, how to go around it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs100 bad turn signal control, how to go around it

I believe from information I received another post my turn signal control unit is shot. My right blinker used to work at times but now is not working at all. The left works fine. It was suggested there may be a go around fix for this. I don't care if the signals self cancel anyway and do not want to spend $300 for a new unit. Does anyone know about using a bar switch from a 750? I really don't want to run without a blinker. Thanks for any help.

After searching some more I came up with this thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...signal+control
    If anyone has any other options I would still like to hear that also.

Comment

That's the post!!!

Comment

One option you may want to consider is using a newer push-to-turn unit. I mounted one on my '82 1100E from a '90 GSXR 750. It plugged right into the 1100 wiring harness, no splicing required. You have to unplug the controller otherwise it will only blink a few times and stop. Super easy mod, much better turn signal switch.

Comment

Oops! I meant to say push-to-CANCEL switch. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

THE NEWER 1980 up has a single plug YOU can unplug it & the turn signals will work The 78-79 system has two plugs IT WILL NOT work with it disconnected must be modified to work

Comment

Yeah I wasn't sure if an older bike would work as easily with that mod as mine did. I just thought I'd pass that along anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X