Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing dust boots on front forks of gs 450 L ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing dust boots on front forks of gs 450 L ?

Is there any fluid in these things that will have to be refilled ? Is it a pretty and easy job ?

there is fork oil (messy) inside the bottom of the leg, with a drain plug at the bottom. why exactly do you need to replace the cover? If there is muck on the thin (top) part of your fork you need to change the oil seals too. If you just need to swap the dust cover, you can probably pull the fork out of the bottom of the fork clamps and keep your oil. Of course you'll have to jack the bike up and remove the front wheel.

Comment

Yeah !

I just got back from cycle world (mechanic) and he told me I need to replace my fork seals first and foremost and that it would greatly improve how the bike felt and that adding a fork brace would be overkill. So I am gonna have that done and I'll let you know what it does for the ride !

Comment

better late than never !

I got it back from the mechanic. He replaced my seals dustboots and blinker and inpsected it . It feels a lot better considering I was neearly out of fork oil when I dropped it off. It's not like a cadillac now but It's feels good just because you know theyre working properly.

Comment

Fork brace

I opted not to do the Fork brace. It's for sale.

Comment

Working...
          X