new pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new pipes

Hi all, i have a gs650 which is stock, i am going to put a set of 4 into 1 pipes on it next week, the question is will i get away without having to do any carb rejetting or will i have to lift needles/change main jets? :? thanks mark...

Mark, it depend's what kind of system you are putting on,you can buy a straight through muffler that will need rejetting, or one that has the same amount of back pressure as stock, that will not.

Comment

Sometimes you can replace with the exact same exhaust and have to re-jet. :?
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Chrome or Black pipes

If you are going with chrome pipes it would probably be a good idea to coat the inside of the pipes with a high temp paint. I used VHT 1500 Degree paint. I t is fairly expensive. But it will help cut down on the blueing. If your on a tight budget just use Bar-B-Que Balck from the Home Cheapo.

Comment

Retrex is right on more point's than he stated.
          Pipe's rust from the inside out, if you pore that high temp paint in there when new you can increase the life of the system by 5 fold.
          Unless of course it's a stainless system.

Comment

Pipes

Did you ever get this figured out?

Comment

Working...
            X