Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Honda RR vs. Electrex

Hey all:
    I had any earlier post about my 1983 Suzuki Katana 750. It has 40,000 km. on it, recently painted red, and given to me by my brother in law!
    I am pretty sure the RR is the problem...someone suggested replacing it with an old Honda RR...I certainly appreciate the advice, but just read that I shouldn't do that and instead get a Electrex one.
    I am not much of a techie...and it probably seems easier for me to get one sent from electrosports since I live in a remote area...what do you experts think?
    Jamie

I'm no expert, but I went with the Honda RR because it was cheaper, and those who had made a similar swap on the list swore by them. Since putting it in, I've gotten the bike running and it appears to be charging nicely. I'm not sure what you read against the Honda RRs, but just about everything I've read on this site about them has been positive.

Best

Comment

I know of plenty stator problems with Hondas in the 80's but have never heard of a problem with their regulators, as Electrex has sold out and quality has taken a dump you are better off with the Honda R&R.

Comment

Thanks for the info....how do I know what RR to get from Honda? There are tons on the ebay website....how do I know what size will fit?
        Jamie

Comment

The only nay sayers against the Honda Reg mod are the Electrix people because tehy want to sell you a 125 dollar regulator. Got my cx500 reg for 7 dollars deleivered off eBay, worked like a charm and the mounting holes were the same
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X