Wet or dry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet or dry?

I want to store my bike for one year. I have put sta-bil(sp) in my fuel tank and have topped it off. The question is: is it better to drain my Mikuni 36mm smoothbores dry, or leave them full with fuel + sta-bil?

Thanks...Craig

well, best would be with a light/thin oil, but with a proper mixture of stabil wet with gas is best, it will keep the o-rings from drying out and corrosion from setting in.

most important is to get non-reformulated gas, and gas that has no alcohol in it.
    I know of a roto tiller (HP Briggs and stratton) that was stored for three years with stabil and it started on the first pull and ran like it had never been stored.

you will need to run it with the stabil in the gas and run it on choke to make sure the stabil gas gets in all the passages of the carbs.

Comment

You da man!! Thanks

Craig

Comment

MAKE SURE TO Follow the directions MORE is not better

Comment

yup, I did the seafoam thing, let it sit for a year, and it started up on the first kick

Comment

Definetly don't drain the bowls, the o-rings will dry out and need to be replaced, total pain in the a##!

Comment

A friend overdid it on the fuel stabilizer and we had to flush out the carbs to remove a lot of gunk that was in there. The carbs were ok afterwards but really tough to clean out.

I fill it up at the the end of the season and warm it up once a month, seems to be OK in the spring. I fill the bike with premium fuel so if the fuel cracks off at least it was high test to begin with.
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
              X