Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 gs1100e dosn't have the power it use to???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 gs1100e dosn't have the power it use to???

Hi there! I have a 80 GS1100E I bought it this year It had 38000KM and lots of power!!! SWEET POWER now I have 47000KM on it and It dosn't have the power get up and go that is and a slight vibration from the engine at cruising speed 3800RPM. I was wondering if it could just use a carb sync! or dose any one have any insight!! any help would be great thanks I LOVE THIS Bike!!! :? :? :?

May just need a full tune, valve clearence's, clean air fliter, check for air leak's between the carby's and head,spark plug's, then a carb sync.
    In that order.
    My bet is that's all you will need, but if the problem still remain's there's plenty of 1100 guy's here that can point you in the right direction.

Comment

I would start with a compression test & valve adjustment

Comment

I just ran a tank with carb cleaner in it on the highway the bike runs alot better!! how often should a guy put a carb kit in??

Comment

Never mind the carb kit, just ride to BC and back once a year. That'll tune it(and you) up!

Comment

I would love to ride out to BC just don't have the time in the summer lots of weekend trips though! I have 9000KM this summer

Comment

Might check this also

The 80 GS1100s have a pressed on crank, depending how hard you rev and ride the engine, some where known to slip and cause some vides and the timing to change some. Check out the other things list by the other readers plus this. the only cure for the crank is to break down the engine have the crank trued and the end welded.

Comment

Working...
              X