Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR Switchgear?

Bike is an 82 GS1100E.

I would like to lose the original turn signal / hi-lo beam / horn unit and replace with a newer unit that has push to cancel signals on it. I know Billy Ricks said that a GSXR unit plugged straight into his 83 750E harness, but that bike was the first of the newer generation on a lot of things and was close the first GSXR's in a lot things.

The question is - will an early GSXR signal unit plug into my 82 harness? I do not want to chop up the original harness in case of a desire to put it back to stock later on in life... Does anybody happen to have a wiring diagram for the GSXR for me to check on? I had a full manual with my 86 GSXR 750, but it went when I sold the bike... :?

Thanks,
    Mark

Supposedly the early 90's Katana switch is a direct swap (not the one with the adjustable windscreen). I think it has push to cancel.

Comment

Mine wasn't a direct swap. Lots of rewiring using new plugs and splicing in places. The plugs don't match up between GS and GSXR. Wasn't a big deal though. Now I have nice new switchgear that works smooth. The right side gear was switched long ago with a Yosh throttle with street switches. The left side is 2000 or newer GSX-R1000.

Comment

Mine wasn't a direct swap. Lots of rewiring using new plugs and splicing in places.
        Ah, my mistake. I had thought it was a direct plug in replacement.

Thanks for clearing that up, Billy.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X