Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Wipeout!!

Ouch!
    This is such a stupid story....with a question at the end. I drove my bike home about 280 kilometers on rough highway conditions...got home perfectly....was putting her in the backyard, and looked up and saw a dog chain hanging from the clothes line....hit the brakes to not get caught up in it...and down I went!
    A few minor scrapes, nothing serious...now for the bike.
    The part of the bike that holds the front signal lights and head light in place, I forget what it is called....anyways the right signal light came out of it and take pieces of it with it. The signal light is just hanging out now...but it works! Any ideas on how to fix this easily?
    Secondly, the two screws that keep the tank in place busted, and the tank can slide a little back and forth. I have parked it for the night...hopefully I don't have an empty tank in the morning!
    Any easy repair ideas?
    Jamie

the tank bolts (under the seat, right?) should just be replaceable. as for the front, duct tape would be my first solution... just not very pretty

Comment

I've been riding my bike without the tank being held down at all...

as long as I'm sitting on the bike, it holds the tank on...not very slick I know but no gastanks flying off yet

Comment

Originally posted by denouden

as long as I'm sitting on the bike, it holds the tank on...not very slick I know but no gastanks flying off yet
        you should at least use zip ties. I did that getting my ratted out Kat home from where I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by sagent
          Originally posted by denouden

you should at least use zip ties. I did that getting my ratted out Kat home from where I bought it.
          Nothing to attach it too...I would some really really long zip ties...

I know...it sounds ridiculous, just waiting for my dad to get some time to build me a bracket...

Comment

denouden, I have done the same thing for the last year and a half. It can't go anywhere with the seat latched. It can move around a little, but not much.

Comment

1) Simply go to Ebay and completely replace the headlight. If the headlight ears (that's the part you speak of) are damaged, replace those too. You are talking a total of twenty, maybe thirty bucks this time of year.

2) Use a damage screw remover or drill to pull out the bolts. You SHOULD be able to get those off of Ebay somewhere, but check your dealer or even Lowes.

Comment

Working...
              X