Excess brakeline with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excess brakeline with pictures

Well I finally have time to work on my bike, too bad it's so late in the year. On the brighter side of things there still is plenty of riding to be done. Anyway my project.

I have an L model 450; I would like to transform into the 450 E style bike. That requires swapping the tank, seat, and tail section. That part is all fine and dandy once I find the parts at my local salvage shop. In addition to this I am going to get new mini-turn signals.

I also installed new handle bars which brings me to my question. As you can see from the pictures I have a big loop of extra brake line after putting on the new bars. What should I do with this? Can I tuck it inside the triple tree? Get a shorter brake line?

Thanks in advance!!!

Notice the extra brake line. It is actually a loop that sticks out about 6 inches straight to the left.

Not bad from the other side, will be better once I have the black 2-1 exhaust on with pod filters and the rejet. Oh and don't forget the polishing job I have ahead of me.

This is the seat, tank, and tail piece I want to get.

Seems like an awful lot of work to do, especially when you can just get an "E" or "S" model for not too much money,...

Comment

I'd get new cables. Order the ones for the E or S model. Should fit much better.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce
        I'd get new cables. Order the ones for the E or S model. Should fit much better.
        Brilliant! =D> Now why didn't I think of that?

Originally posted by UncleMike
        Seems like an awful lot of work to do, especially when you can just get an "E" or "S" model for not too much money,...
        That's a good point, but I already have two bikes, and I enjoy the work. Besides if I am going to buy a new bike you can bet it's going to be at least twice the displacement as a 450!

Comment

Well, to each their own.

I'd just make a bike totally my own, rather than trying to make a doppleganger of a bike that's already out there.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
            Well, to each their own.

I'd just make a bike totally my own, rather than trying to make a doppleganger of a bike that's already out there.
            I agree with you. It will be my own by the time I am done, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. It's not my intention to make a replica of the 450E, but to use some of its styling. Especially its seat; the seat on the L model is HORRIBLE!

Have a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by hipster
              Especially its seat; the seat on the L model is HORRIBLE!
              Couldn't agree more. We'll compare our 450L's when we're both done modding them. They've gotta be better than stock, right?

Comment

You got it bud

Comment

Mike,
                  How close are you to Elmira or Corning, NY? I'm about 20 minutes from Elmira and 40 from Corning and Binghamton.

Comment

About an hour to an hour and a half from either.

Comment

Good to know, maybe sometime we can meet up.... after I get my bike in good working order that is.... 8O

Comment

Sure thing. Meet in Watkins Glen.

Comment

Funny you should say that, I'll be there this Sunday!
                          small world....

Comment

forget the new tank and tailpiece, your bike would look badass with a low cafe style seat.

somthing like the one on here looks like it would work.

you may have to do a little fabrication to get it to work.

that woud be cheaper and look better than changing the tank and bodywork.

just my $.02. it is your bike after all.

Comment

sagent.... you are dead on. That is what I want, a seat like that!
                              What model Honda is that? Do you know of any other models that have a similar seat? Many thanks.

Originally posted by sagent
                              forget the new tank and tailpiece, your bike would look badass with a low cafe style seat.

somthing like the one on here looks like it would work.

you may have to do a little fabrication to get it to work.

that woud be cheaper and look better than changing the tank and bodywork.

just my $.02. it is your bike after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X